Thread: CPR/First Aid
View Single Post
284878 11:54 PM 06-28-2018
Originally Posted by DaveA:
What class were they offering? Often times the community courses are Friends & Family class which doesn't count as being certified. The AHA course that is the correct one in most jurisdictions is the Heartsaver course. BLS also counts, but that is Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers. It is overkill for what we need.
I normally go to a host site and take a class from the local Ambulance company but they jumped their price from $50 to $80 (all day class, no kids allowed, currently nursing my newborn) and dh needs to go too.
I checked around every place else cost more. Some classes was separate nights for CPR and first aid.
I looked into the online class that op was asking about and that was the cheapest. Plus I would be able to take my kids to the hands on portion and they said it would be less than an hour.

This is the website says about the class

Infant CPR/First Aid
This life-saving course teaches first aid, child CPR and how to help a chocking infant or child. This class is recommended for parents, family and anyone caring for infants or children.
NOTE: This is NOT a certification class.