View Single Post
Mrs.Ky 07:23 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
No it's not.

Eight months is a perfect time to start solids at day care. Been doing it for 17 years and haven't had a problem yet. The parents start solids whenever they want but I don't start them here until the day of the eigth month.

I have year after year of fabulous eating kids so I must be doing something right. I also don't spoon train kids. The parents do it at home. By the time I start feeding them here they are well versed on the spoon.

I don't have time to research it but the American Academy of Pediatrics very recent reccomendation for starting some solids is NOT BEFORE the sixth month.

Soon enough it will move even further out. The connection of obesity to infant feeding is going to start surfacing within the next few years. We are giving way too much way too early. Formula and breastmilk are quite enough for a baby until the first day of the eigth month.
Children are obese NOT because of how they ate as infants because parents today choose to feed their child mcdonalds every night for dinner or give them JUNK for snack. My Son was a huge baby 30 pounds at 12 months now he is a 60 pound soon to be 8 year old he is a skinny mini because I do not let them eat junk and go to mcdonalds.