Thread: Rates!
View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:52 AM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by Retiredchild:
Thank you! Maybe I should have started a different thread for this-
I'm new here but how do you go about getting new families?

I'm lucky. The children I watch used to go to the center I worked at but quit because the place was insane (I'm shocked that so many parents put up with that place, they broke so many rules w/ children to teacher ratios and all that- yet they still passed every inspection) and later joined mine when they found out I was starting my own!

The majority of my parents are doctors and have all recommended me to coworkers but now all the children are school aged and being forced to move to a daycare near where they live and go to school (I live on a different side of town and don't drive).

I'm surprised that centers cost more than in-home daycares. With the long hours, one on one care and healthy meals I'd imagine in-home would cost much more. My hours are longer yet it's way less stressful than the center I was working at.
Getting new kids enrolled is different everywhere....some areas really do well advertising on Craig's List whereas I would never place an ad in our local CL so it depends on where you live if it's usable or not.

Many providers use Facebook and even more just use word of mouth. Also flyers and business cards...put ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE you can think of that a parent would see them.

You could also have an Open House...I've heard of many successful programs introduce themselves to the community via an open house. Again dependent on your area.

Welcome to the forum!

Here are several more threads on advertising: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=advertising