View Single Post
TheGoodLife 06:34 AM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Yesterday at drop off DCM was fine and acted like she always does. But then this morning at drop off when she came in I was sitting with another child while they ate breakfast. DCG started screaming and DCM started try to calm her, but then got very frustrated and started handling the behavior in a very angry way. After a few minutes the mom said "this is not my job to calm you down", she then said that one more time, and I realized she meant it was my job, so I said "I can take over if you want." At that point she yelled at me that it was not her job to calm down her child that she's paying me to do it. I apologized and said that I didn't realize she wanted me to take over and that she felt that way about me, and I was trying not to step on her toes and intervene when I was not asked to help. Then she stormed out while still yelling at her child and trying to calm her down, and when she left she slammed my front door.

20 minutes later I get a text asking if DCG is ok now. I said she was still screaming but getting quieter, I apologized for not taking over sooner as I did not want to step on her toes and that I was sorry she was mad at me. Her response was DCG slept well and was fine all morning until she came here and that she hoped she would turn around. By then DCG was fine and I responded with, she's fine and I'm sure she just doesn't want to be away from you and that its always hard for kids when a new baby comes. No response.

I'm now wondering if I should even say anything about the way I'm being treated. DCM is lashing out at me for whatever reason. Both times she's been upset with me is for lack of communication on the parents part. First time they didn't return a call and got upset with me. Now this, if she'd just asked me to take over I would have immediately, but instead she got herself, her child, my other DCK, upset before snapping at me and making me upset.

If I say anything I don't think she's going to see anything wrong with how she treated me, and she might be angry enough to just pull her child from daycare. The worst part is I'm pregnant and she knows this and I'm very hurt by all this. My husband was home when this happened and heard it all and thankfully he was because I had to take a few minutes and have a cry (stupid pregnancy hormones!) over this while he sat with my other DCK.

Ugh, what do I do? I don't want to lose this family, but they need to realize none of this was my fault, and it is unacceptable to treat me this way.
I wish I had advice for you, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry and I hope you get it worked out. You don't deserve to be treated like that Having a newborn is stressful and she doesn't have the right to take that out on you! (Plus, yelling at her DD isn't going to help and she shouldn't come to your house and upset everyone over it!) Hope you have a good day!