View Single Post
SquirrellyMama 10:54 AM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Ok, maybe I am a softie, maybe I'm totally wrong, I bet many will disagree, but here is what I personally would write......on the inside of a nice card.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. I hope everyone is happy and healthy. I know this is a very stressful time for you, your husband and older child. I just wanted to reach out and tell you I feel badly we had a breakdown in communication over Little Susy. I didn't intend on upsetting anyone, and I'm sure you didn't mean to upset nee either. I hope when things get back to normal, we can have a calm, open discussion about communication, drop-off procedures and general concerns and expectations. In the meantime, please accept my warmest congratulations and best wishes for your new baby."

Please consider it, I know its hard to turn the other cheek right now, but I do think they might truly appreciate it.
I don't completely disagree with you. I might not say, "I hope when things get back to normal". It might open up doors for her to yell more before things are "normal". After my babies were born I would always say, "I can't wait for our new normal".