View Single Post
My3cents 11:18 AM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I want to email the mother when the kids go down for a nap. I don't want to term now, it seems she's having trouble with adding a new baby. I want to give the benefit of the doubt. If it happens again they'll be gone. Here's my email to DCM. Please feel free to make suggestions or edit it for me.

Hi DCM
I feel we need to discuss what happened this morning. I was very shocked at the way you spoke to me this morning. I understand you have a lot going on with the new baby and everything, but I don't think that excuses your actions towards me this morning and it will not be tolerated. I would have been happy to step in and take over calming DCG, had you asked me. Since you did not, I did not want to intervene and undermine your authority with your child. When you made it clear you wanted my help, I stepped right in.

For the future, we need to make an effort to open the lines of communication. If you would like, from now on at drop off I will take over immediately only if you ask me to. If you do not expressly ask me to take over so you can leave, then I will not. If something is bothering you, please discuss it with me. So far we've had a very cordial relationship and I would like it to stay that way. Please call me to discuss during nap time, as I will not discuss this in front of the children.
I think I would be clear. I would let her know, nicely how you want drop off to be. I would have understanding that it is hard to leave your little loved one, but in order for us to have a smooth transaction and good start to the day I need you to say your good byes fast and leave. If you we are both present it is your responsibility to step in and correct your child, if you choose to not do this then I will and I trust that you trust me enough to be able to do this. I would make it clear what you want happening for now on, and I would warn her that she can not speak to you the way that she did and it will not be tolerated again. Oh good luck. I would verbally speak to your client and maybe also give her a written warning. If you expect respect and not settle for anything but respect you will be golden. It is your home, your daycare, your rules. Being kind but also being clear.