View Single Post
Familycare71 08:04 AM 08-12-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
Just got back from a vacation, only took a few days off, but boy am I pretty upset with some of my parents......Surprise Surprise...

I have a few things I need to address and would love some insight about how to handle them.

Issue #1:

A new family signed a holding agreement for their child to start full time next month. Well they now tell me that they don't need full time and they only want to come 2 days a week. In our agreement, it says nothing about being able to attend less days. I also will NOT take a child under that age of 2 yrs for two days a week. So I will have to tell them it's full time or no time. If they decline, should I refund their money????

Issue #2:
I advertise on a website that will often send me notices of families looking for childcare in my area. This past weekend I open the email notice and see that it is one of my current families. This family and I have had a few bumps in our road together here, but other than that seem to be very pleased. Would you say something to this family about getting the notice.

Issue #3:
I am starting to become friends with a local provider in my town. I got a voicemail message from a family that she is trying to enroll into her care. I guess she used me as a reference? This woman is very nice, but I don't know her and I really do not know what to say to the family that called looking for a referral for her. I would love to help her out, but also don't want to shoot myself in the foot. What would you do?

I have a few more things going on that I am not too sure what to do about, but I don't what to overwhelm you guys with all my drama......

HELP!!
Welcome back!!! geez!
#1: I definitely would not refund their money- they are effectively backing out of the contract. So unless your contract doesn't state deposits are non refundable or that they are- I wouldn't hand back a penny
#2: I would probably say: I was notified you were looking for childcare. Is there anything you would like to discuss? It would depend for me how I felt about the parents, kids and my money situation how hard I worked to resolve it. But if they were willing to share I would be interested in why.
#3: I would be very careful here. I am assuming you are "competing" for business. Personally I think I would talk to the other provider and make a no references rule- maybe you could give the others # if your full but that's as far as I'd be willing to go.

Bring on #4,5,6....