View Single Post
Laurel 02:57 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
My 10 year old daughter had an assignment at school where she had to answer questions about herself. Well one of the questions was "when I get older I want a job as________. and she said "daycare"! I knew she liked to help me, but I never thought she would say that!

What did you want to be when you "grew" up?

I have always wanted to be an elem. teacher, but earned my a AA in Child Development and opened my fcc years later.
I always wanted to be a mom. I had it all planned out. I wanted three children and they would be two girls and one boy. The girl's name was going to be Rebecca. I saw a dress at a department store and decided that I was going to buy it for Rebecca when I was a mom. I guess I'm a planner.

Well I was a stay at home mom before doing daycare and I had three children except that one was a girl (didn't name her Rebecca) and two boys.

I had one daycare girl that definitely always stated she wanted to be a mommy when she grew up. One time we were watching an episode of Barney and they were rattling off occupations. She said "They didn't say mommy!" She was really kind of ticked off about it and, to be honest, so was I a little. Another time she told me she wanted to be what I was...a child care provider.

Laurel