View Single Post
Unregistered 05:10 PM 07-04-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Unreg., that's kind of the way I feel too. I'm 60 and am very afraid there will either not be enough families in the area who still want a family home setting or the state will regulate all us little people right out of the business. They're becoming so demanding of home providers now.

My ideal would be to only take teachers' kids and have summers off. OR work 4 day weeks. I could live with that too.
I get lots of referrals from old families, so I think I can keep going if the state lets me keep going. But like you said, they may regulate us out of business, especially with QRIS.
If that becomes a requirement for licensing, I guess I won't qualify. I am not going to go get a degree to get a good star rating and I don't want a bad star rating. If I go back to school, it will be because I want to go, not because the state is forcing me.

I would like to work fewer days too, or half days. I might be able to work a deal with the preschool near me. Their former director was one of my daycare moms, so she might put in a good word for me. And then maybe I could do half days, with the kids going to the preschool the other half. That is what I think of as my retirement plan

Still depends on what the regulations do to us though.