View Single Post
Preschool/daycare teacher 12:05 PM 10-08-2015
How do you all handle interviews when you know you're husband will not be home? This hadn't been an issue yet as I'd only mostly met with moms who came alone with their child. I did meet with one family where both parents were present, but my husband was here that evening so I didn't even think about it. But yesterday I had set up that interview and it was a lady who e-mailed me from craigslist and she and her husband were going to come. After I set it up I realized what I'd done and I was kind of uncomfortable meeting complete strangers but went ahead anyway since it was in the middle of the day and our neighbors were home. It turned out fine of course, but later that afternoon I had a dad wanting to meet me that evening, and my husband wouldn't have been home yet then either. I sure didn't want to meet alone with a man in my home without even his child there (he's divorced from his wife and the child was with his mom), so I told him I wouldn't be able to until tomorrow (today now). So it has me thinking, am I being overly cautious? Or do you also not meet alone with a man? And what about families who contact you from craigslist and you can't find any information on them to see if they're legit? Obviously I'll have dads picking their child up or dropping them off, so I expect to have them in my home when my husband isn't here at various times, but for an interview I felt more cautious of doing that since I'd never met him.