Thread: Playroom Issues
View Single Post
Thriftylady 04:06 AM 11-29-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I know a great provider that has minimal, and I do mean minimal, space. She takes science boards and separates the three centers and rotates monthly...she has her daycare space in her dining room. Along the wall she will divide into three spaces with the science boards allowing the wall to be the backdrop barrier for all three centers. She is allowed to keep seven children. I like to take new providers to her house because they see that even the smallest space can be set up in centers. She limits the number to two that can be in each center. She has a small table and 7 chairs for the children to have meals on or do art work, etc. It is slightly away from the three centers. She also uses the science boards as a display board and can fold them up on the weekend for her family to use the dining room. Just sharing an idea!
It sounds great, yet I am having a hard time picturing it. I do use my dining room for daycare, but mostly for arts and crafts and of course for eating. I use my living room, playroom and dining room. Of course in the playroom are also lots of book cases for storage of toys and games. And the dining room has storage for food (tiny galley kitchen), and art supplies. I do let the older ones use the table for games and puzzles when I have little ones here who can't have the pieces.