View Single Post
NightOwl 05:43 AM 06-03-2016
I've had this girl from birth and she's hyper intelligent. She's easily closer to the level of a 6 year old. And she was just passed over for our local pre-k program in our school district. They had more applicants than spots, so they held a drawing and she was not drawn. The parents want her to remain with me for another year, which I am ecstatic about, but I'm not sure how to proceed with her.

She will be my oldest by 14 months, but light years ahead of the others educationally.

She's proficient in letter recognition, letter sounds, and how to use phonemes already. She counts to 20, is completely independent with the potty, dressing herself, and other self help skills. So she's already at first grade level. I'd love to take some credit for her advancement, but she has a grandparent with a genius level IQ, so it's just in the genes.

With a child this advanced, does anyone have suggestions for the following year? She's already beyond prepared for kindergarten. But I want her to be stimulated and continue making progress. I'm thinking I may introduce sight words and start teaching her to read. Any suggestions are appreciated.