Thread: Covid Vaccine?
View Single Post
Michael 11:58 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
This is the kind of thinking that allows people to believe they are justified in bucking the system when it comes to wearing masks, etc. I have an Aunt who is a diabetic. She caught Covid. Prior to being infected with Covid she was relatively healthy at 78 years old, her diabetes was pretty well controlled. She died within a week of catching Covid. Barring some unforeseen circumstance, she'd be alive today if she had not been infected with Covid.

With or from is neither here nor there. It does not seem like anyone has any idea who will be killed or affected long term from Covid. My dh (diabetic) got it, with no ill effects so far. A 30 year old woman in my town with no underlying conditions died within a week. That's why we should be at least trying to stop the spread until we can get more information and/or a vaccine.
No one is minimizing the dangers of this or any disease. COVID is no different that any pathogen that can kill. Close to 40,000 Americans die from influenza each year but we still go about our lives. Does it matter more or less if there are more deaths form COVID? The answer is yes. But only if those numbers are dying FROM Covid. I am skeptical that the current numbers are as high as they are.

Very early on I wore N95 masks, used sanitizers, gloves, even washed my groceries, you name it, I was doing it. If anyone was taking it seriously, I was. My thinking has evolved. Back in May, my good friend’s cousin died in New York. He told me it was from Covid. That is what the hospital had told his family. What he eventually found out was that that his cousin died from a drug overdose. But since his cousin had the Covid antibodies he was listed as dying from Covid. That matters. It matters with government policies and procedures, budgeting and the movement of resources. Trillions of dollars are involved.

If the purpose of these lockdowns is to keep people from dying, then the simplest remedy would be to stay safe home and never go out. That goes for any activity, be it driving, skiing, hang gliding, mountain climbing, scuba diving, dining out and even traveling to foreign countries. I’m not will make that sacrifice-living.

I’m glad the vaccine is going to be available. Those that want it and will become free, and liberated from the threat. They should be the first in line. I doubt I will ever be in that line. I go to great lengths to take care of my immune system, how I manage it and the things I put in my body.

What becomes of America- is in how it then treats those that do not want the vaccine. That will be interesting. Will we all go about finally living and moving forward or will it result in there being a policy of forced punishment or reward?