View Single Post
momofboys 07:56 PM 02-15-2011
I've termed twice in 2 years. My very first DCF was a nightmare but I didn't realize it b/c they were my first. I felt sooooo much relief after I termed them. Their SA child taught my boys some terrible language, how to make annoying noises etc. The parents were the majority of the problem, would pick up late, schedule dr's appts for 15 min prior to my closing time & expect her kids to stay here while she went to the dr, tried to get me to give them discounts/credits when their child had to leave an hour or two early, made it sound like dad would take SA to school so I would only have him after school so I gave them a really cheap price. Dad NEVER drove the boy to school, after 3 months I insisted in changing his price. They always paid me on time but I always had to ask for it or they would "forget". SO glad I don't have them to deal with now.

The other family I termed had GREAT behaved kids, the parents were sweet too but the mom's expectations were way high. I was watching her SA daughter who was 8 years old & what started out as me suggesting I could assist with one school subject (she homeschooled) turned into the mom expecting me to do all the home schooling during DC hours! I did attempt to do it during nap times but it got old very quick & my pleas to the mom that I didn't have time to do it all (I had 4 other children in my care & doing all the homeschooling would have likely taken 1.5 hrs every day!) fell on deaf ears. I finally termed.