Thread: Creepy Dad
View Single Post
PitterPatter 03:07 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Ugh the emergency exit thing... I've heard there are some regs that require this.

I look at it like this. None of my daycare parents leave their doors unlocked at night and they are sleeping while their kid is in the house.

It's not perfect but the unlocked door is a real obvious safety issue.
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Question here-are you allowed to lock your front doors if it is designated as a emergency exit? We have to have posted evacuation plans with our paths drawn out. My front door and back door are both marked as an emergency exit so I don't think legally I would be able to lock those. Also if there was an emergency with me and the front door was locked my kids wouldn't understand or be able to unlock the door for help.
I have never heard of that rule but I will assume I am allowed to keep my door locked because when the monitors leave they always try to open the door and it doesn't open because I instinctivley lock it as soon as I shut it. They have pulled and I say sorry habit and unlock the top lock. They never say anything, In fact the Food Program lady has said once that's a good instinct to have.

I could never leave mine unlocked because I have a toddler that tries to run thinking its funny. He can't unlock it. I have gone to the bathroom and come back to see him trying really hard. Thank God he can't get out because he would have been down the street or worse!