Thread: Creepy Dad
View Single Post
dEHmom 03:42 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
I have never heard of that rule but I will assume I am allowed to keep my door locked because when the monitors leave they always try to open the door and it doesn't open because I instinctivley lock it as soon as I shut it. They have pulled and I say sorry habit and unlock the top lock. They never say anything, In fact the Food Program lady has said once that's a good instinct to have.

I could never leave mine unlocked because I have a toddler that tries to run thinking its funny. He can't unlock it. I have gone to the bathroom and come back to see him trying really hard. Thank God he can't get out because he would have been down the street or worse!
that's how i feel. some home invasions will happen during the day when someone knows that it's only a female home and no males. i understand the reasoning behind unlocked doors, but at the same time, i just think for the safety of the children the doors must be locked. my kids can reach the deadbolts and unlock them. sometimes they even go outside. so we put latch hooks on the screen doors up top, where they can't reach, and when my youngest was 1 1/2- 2 yrs old he knew to get a broom and use the handle to unlock it. or he figured out on his closet door that if he shakes it hard enough it pops out. usually he does this somehow quietly enough that we don't notice the closet is open until ALL the toys are out of the closet.

i couldn't imagine having a dck open the door and take off.
i also like to keep my big doors closed and locked so i don't get those annoying visitors who preach . one time my kids were right by the front door when they started knocking and ringing door bell. they literally did this for 10 minutes. i whispered to the kids to freeze! i said there is a monster at the door, do not move! good practice for being quiet and still, cause no one moved for the whole 10 minutes. HAHAHAHAHA...