Thread: Socks and Shoes
View Single Post
KayB 10:33 AM 03-13-2019
I have had the policy that shoes and socks must be worn for daycare whenever they are here. It's been my policy for the 25 years I have had daycare. I do it for safety and sanitary reasons.
I had a new family start about a month ago and she wore shoes without socks a couple of weeks ago. I reminded dad that socks were required, his responds was ok. Well today her mom texted me and asked if wearing socks was required and I said yes. Than she reply so in the summer she can't wear socks? I replied back she could if she had socks on. Her reply back was Hmm.... well I'm not sure how I feel about that. I replied that it's been my policy for the 25 years I have had a daycare and have actually never had a parent say they didn't like it lol...
This was 3 hours ago and I have yet to hear anything back from her. My question is should I say anything more about it or just let her bring it up?
This mother is very dry, never smiles never has any excitement in her voice or attitude so that's why I am having a hard time reading her and knowing what to say and not to say! Any suggestions!?