View Single Post
284878 09:30 PM 08-09-2018
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Exactly. I have two of those kids right now. Not hungry? OK, I would never make you eat anything that you don't want to. It's "disgusting"? You don't like that kind" OK, I would never make you eat anything that you don't want to. Maybe you'll like snack better. We'll have snack after nap.

That's as far as I'm willing to talk about it anymore. After lunch, if I hear when is snack time, I always respond with something like "You're hungry already? We just had lunch! Maybe you should have eaten more at lunch so you wouldn't feel so hungry so soon!"
Believe me I did just this, I just tell her okay and walk away. I don't let her go play instead I make her sit there during the meal until everybody is done. (We all stay at the table until everybody's done)

What I'm having trouble with is the logic behind it? What's the point in saying you like something but then refusing to eat it or asking for something and then not eating it?
Like the other day I made peanut butter sandwiches for snack. I asked her if she wanted jelly she said no and requested honey. I put honey on the sandwich, everybody sat down and ate except for her. Her sandwich was tossed untouched. I said nothing to her during the meal about eating the sandwich or after about throwing it away.
I just don't get why she does this?