View Single Post
familyschoolcare 07:00 AM 05-30-2012
... see some parents just do not like the answer .... for part 1

at pick up last night I informed DCD that over the weekend it came to my attendtion that the day care was exposed to head lice. A very intresting conversation followed.

Then ..

When I checked my E-mail this morning I got the following from DCD. As a matter of background this DCK is from a spilt home and the DCD almost never

talks to the DCM. DCM just confirmed with my last night that I will be picking DCB up today.

Dear Mrs. ******,

Thank you for informing us about Head Lice reported by one of your 'kids' at your facility over the weekend. As a precautionary measure to minimize risk

of exposure for DCB, I have decided to find an alternative means for care for him. Please consider the payment made today to be for the week upon

his return to your services rather than for next week, as it was initially written out to be.

Regards,

DCD and DCD's partner

So I have written the following E-mail in response.

Jason,

You are more than welcome to keep DCB home from Day Care. Before, you make that final decision I think you should keep the following things in mind.

1. If DCB was exposed to head lice it was last week before I was aware of the situation. There is no guarantee that this child was here at the same time and day as DCB or that the two of them interacted in a manner that would result in DCB getting infected. Now that I am aware of the situation it is under control at my house. We have seen no signs of the lice being at my house.

2. I have "dealt" with this before, both from a teacher aspect and a parents aspect and I am fully aware of what can and should be done to prevent the spread of this. The last time (before the day care was open) this came into my house it did not spread past the first "victim".

3. All of the children that come into and my house attend a public school and that is most likely where it is coming from.

4. As per your contract you must pay me regardless of the reason that Gavin does not attend. See quote below.

"This is a guaranteed rate, with no credit for non-attendance regardless of reason. Payments are due on Fridays for the following week."

5. If you break the contract by not paying me then our contract is no longer in effect. Which means I will not hold DCB's spot in my Day care and upon your return you would need to sign a new contract which could be subject to this years higher rates.

Please let me know what you final decision is.

Do you think my response is harsh?