View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:55 AM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:

The word here is COMMUNICABLE. No different than if you said "Sure! Daycare kid who has Influenza A can attend, all other parents better bring their kids to play in his same space or pay up if they'd prefer to keep their child away until the threat passes."

There is no such universe in which that would ever make a stitch of sense to me.
I totally see your point but children are exposed to hundreds and thousands of things everyday in every place a parent, teacher, friend or guardian takes them. If someone at McDonald's has somehting, how do we KNOW that the child playing next to him doesn't have it too? We don't, so I think that what this provider is doing is the right thing. We cannot shield our kids from everything so we do the best we can.

Parents don't inform us of every little thing their child came in contact with at Wal-mart or anywhere else they go because there is NO WAY they could so who really knows what kind of communicable things get passed around and how.

It isn't like we can tell parents they can't bring their child to the grocery store in case they might pick up something super contagious. This is the same line of thinking as the sibling clause where if one kid is sick the other has to stay home too.....I personally just don't see how that can work when not everyone gets the same illnesses and people can be carriers without ever being sick.

Impossible to predict or tell who has and who hasn't, so the space is available and you pay for it whether you use it or not. If they weren't comfortable with that rule, they should never have agreed to sign it in the first place.