Thread: Drop In Care
View Single Post
Nurse Jackie 04:48 PM 11-03-2016
Those of you who do drop in care how exactly do you do it? I have 2 drop-ins enrolled right now. One Dcm contacts me the day of and I let her know if I have space if so she pays at drop off. The other Dcm does drop in care 2 days per week. She would give me her schedule for 6 weeks and pay for all 6 weeks of care at once. So she pretty much had contracted care for 6 weeks which worked out fine for the most part, but because I committed to the 6 weeks of care I would have to turn away potential Dcf who needed full time immediate care due to age/ratio dcg is under 2. Dcm will not be coming for a couple of weeks this month and with holidays being right around the corner I'm expecting she'll miss a few more days so that means I'll be short money those weeks. I told Dcm moving forward to contact me the friday prior to the week she needs care and if I have the space she can pay just for that week of care. She seemed ok with it. I had a interview today with a family who's interested in drop-in care. Dcm schedule changes from week to week. They don't want to pay for a full week of care if they don't need the days but want the days to be available if they need it. I told them with drop in care they don't have a guaranteed spot and that they would need to contact me each friday to see if I have space. How do you handle situations listed above?