View Single Post
Sunshine69 10:57 AM 10-14-2020
It depends on your food program rules.

Where I am, you only have to offer it or have enough of it on hand if they do want to eat it. For example, the two Cheerios are fine to give him as long as you have enough left in the cereal box to give him a full serving if he did eat the two Cheerios. If he doesn’t eat the two Cheerios, oh well, it was still available.

I give them smaller amounts than the recommended servings, too, because they drop and throw stuff on the floor. They don’t need to throw a whole serving of peas on the floor. Five peas is enough for me to pick up, as long as there’s enough peas in the pan to meet their serving requirements. Just because they don’t want to eat it doesn’t mean I need to give them the opportunity to throw it all on the floor.

For your situation, I would just verify with the parent he already ate and not even bother feeding him. I just wouldn’t count it as being served on the meal count sheet. The extra dishes to wash and dish soap and whatever he uses to wash up after eating just aren’t worth the $1.78 or whatever they’re paying today for one breakfast.