View Single Post
Play Care 03:06 AM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I understand that you want to model good play behavior but after 10 months, these kids just need to hear "no, go play" over and over. I wouldnt sit and play with kids that age much at all nor do I insist that my kids play with the daycare kids if they really dont want to. It wouldnt bother me at all if the daycare kids were acting bored or whatever, I would direct them back to their area and toys and thats that. Anyone that repeatedly is yelling at the gate, messing up other's projects, etc. would be removed from the area and separated in a timeout spot or cry corner until they were ready to join the group and show good behavior. I personally think you are doing too much entertaining with these two

When I have a rougher group, I get out the hoola-hoops. Each child is assigned a hoop on the floor and that is where they can play with blocks - they can NOT get up, they must use words to ask for additional pieces or to "trade" with another child. If they don't listen or get up/take something from another child, etc. They get a TO while the others play. Just another idea