View Single Post
melilley 07:03 AM 10-03-2014
I have the same child. He started here at 18 months, was a biter and was aggressive, aggressive to the other dck's and to mom and dad! Dcm and dcd both said he came from a daycare where the provider's son was aggressive and that's where he learned it from and that's why they pulled them. I said I would work with him and the biting kept going on and he was still aggressive. I talked with mom and dad and they were on board with working together to stop his negative behavior. I constantly had to redirect and shadow him, it was tough, but I stuck through it. He is still here and is now 3. His behavior did improve, but he can still be aggressive.

I will say that after this, I have learned that if I ever have a dck who is like this again, I would definitely give a time table of working with them and their parents and if the behavior didn't stop, I would term. This dcb was one of my first kids to come here and I thought I could handle it, but I was stressed to the max many days, looking back it wasn't worth it.