View Single Post
SunflowerMama 10:49 AM 11-09-2010
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I have no recipies...lol. I just cook by feel.

you can google taco soup,.. theres alot of recipies. You can actually have it from pantry to table in 15 minutes,... if you use canned ingredients, but I prefer to use fresh or dried.

taco soup I soak black beans, (I LOVE BLACK BEANS) overnight in crock pot on low,.. just enough heat to cook them but not overcook them(you can always buy canned of course that are just a dump and heat kind of thing),.. rinse, get them going with a big can of red gold tomato sauce (its made locally). I get it on as soon as I get up in the morning even before coffee. By 5-530 at least. turn it on high, get it boiling, add ground beef, (or turkey, browned with 1/2 an onion. ) a can or two of crushed or diced tomatoes (again we use red gold but its local so we buy it when we can) a package of frozen corn, and a big squirt of ranch dressing,... I add taco seasoning to taste and cook it until Im ready to eat. as long as the beans are done,.. you are good. I serve with scoops but if you are feeling adventurous you could make tortillas.
I am making this tomorrow for the kids (and me). I LOVE tacos and this sounds so good and so easy!!