View Single Post
nanglgrl 11:25 AM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
You said a mouthful, there.

QRIS takes the joy out of childcare. I hope things look up for you, soon
They are planning on changing the QRS level requirements in my state. The first way it was set up was great, attainable and did increase quality. The new way is more and more training, paperwork, time outside of work having conferences with parents, training and doing unnecessary paperwork. They sent us a survey to fill out about new requirements and I was 100% truthful about what I thought about the new requirements. IMO a number one necessity for quality care is that the provider has "me" time or "family time" but they seem to have forgotten about that along with the fact that quality care means being dependable (can't be that if I'm always closing for trainings or hosting people from QRS to be assessed during working hours when I need to be watching and interacting with children. I know a few home providers who are rated 5 stars in my state. I subscribe to their business pages and they either close a ton for different QRS activities or have a sub working for them. So basically the provider who has done all these things to be rated so highly is workingwith the children less and less but hey they have 5 stars!