View Single Post
daycare 02:15 PM 07-21-2014
I have a family that single dad has 100% custody of the kids.

I had a phone interview with him first, he was very professional. We then emailed a bit because I forgot to ask a few questions.

He came, he blew me AWAY! he had printed out my entire handbook, READ the entire thing, had a list of questions to ask me, wrote down answers and checked them off. I was beyond impressed. I would bring up my payments policy and he would finish my sentence for me....It was like a dream come true.

He enrolled his kids, I still have them and they have been a blessing. Hands down one of my very favorite families.

DCD is the best. When we have holiday parties he always hands down has the best healthy snacks. He works from home and has some free time to bake and is super good at it.

I say you should always conduct the phone interview first,. if you still don't feel good about doing it with dcd only and mom is not around to do it, then schedule it in a public place.

I did one at our local starbucks first because I got a bad vibe on the phone and my husband was working in fire 72 hour shifts. It did not turn out to be someone I wanted to enroll. The guy was just

DUMB....lol

I say always go with your gut.....if you don't feel comfortable then just ask to reschedule when both parents can come. that is if there are two parents or when your hubby will be home