View Single Post
saved4always 04:45 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I don't understand why a parent has to pay over the entire summer, if they are both teachers. I understand to save a spot, but if that isn't the problem. I am confused. If you work at a outdoor water park, you wouldn't get paid when it got cold, no one shows up and business slowed. If you worked at a ski resort and it didn't snow, you wouldn't keep paying your employees, that is just the nature of the business. I would assume that they might be laid off ?? If the employer chose to pay them then great, but why would you charge me to ski, if there is no snow or when I don't need to. I am paying week to week. Paying for the entire summer for a spot should be criminal from what I can tell. I pay for the employees salary and the food that my kid would get even though they are not there? Why couldn't I just pay a small re-registration fee or a vacation fee to save my spot. I can see 50% or something, but not much more. I don't make that much money. It almost forces you to send your kids to school more often, instead of spending time with them. I don't understand? I realize that this is the wrong forum to mention this, but I am confused? I am not paying for entire year or semester, it is week to week. I understand if I decide to keep them home one day, I will pay for that, but the entire summer vacation? If I lose my spot, then I lose my spot. I can't afford an extra $2400?
I am confused. I don't understand your complaint. Are you saying it is unreasonable for a provider to require to be paid to hold a teacher's spot over the summer??? No one can force someone to pay to save a spot. But be prepared to find a new provider at the end of each summer because there are not many out there that can afford to hold spots open all summer without compensation. The bills don't stop coming in because a school year has ended. There are plenty of families out there who need care all year round to fill that spot. I actually do watch kids for teachers. And I do hold thier spots over the summer for the next school year and I do not charge anything. But that is because I do not want to work in the summer or over school vacations when my kids are home. At this point, I can afford to do that. It is for MY family's benefit, not the daycare family's budget. If I needed to make more money to meet our bills, I would have to change that policy because I would need to make money all year round.