View Single Post
daycare 06:15 AM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by RIWorkingMom:
No. I did not say immediately. I told her that I thought she might be ready for a pre-k type of environment.

If the provider wants to work with my daughter, and my daughter is responding, and the provider stops calling my dd abnormal, then I don't think this is an emergency situation.

Also, I did take into consideration that some people leave and say bad things that may not be true, but I also took note of how the parent's with toddlers that left had a very similar experience to mine.

I am really going in circles in my head here. Is this a situation that must be remedied immediately? Do I need to get my dd out quick? Do I give the provider a chance to work with her? If my dd is responding to new methods, is it so bad? Am I expecting too much out of someone who may be bested suited for infant care and not toddler care?
I work with a provider in my town that does under 2 care only. Her words, she is a babysitter and that's it.

As soon as her kids are about to age out of her program she gives the parents my information. It's not that she doesn't want to keep them, but she finds that the children outgrow what she can offer and they need more.

In return, I send her all of the children I get calls for, for under two and any current children younger siblings that are too young for our program.

I think maybe your provider is taking it personal, which I can understand... BUT your provider needs to understand that the child's needs must be met and that sometimes means letting go.

I'm sorry your in this situation, but it does get better. I like your idea of moving her to somewhere she can get access to learning and a structured schedule that better suits her abilities.

Good luck.