View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 02:04 PM 05-03-2018
It is so crazy that I found this post, because a similar situation just happened to me. My kids are in Kindergarden and 2nd grade and they ride the bus to after school care some days (library and nursing home day are their favorites), but otherwise, I call the school and have them brought home. They were suppose to come home today, but 20 min past normal time, I figured there was a miscommunication. I called the after school program to verify they made it, which they did, and I will go pick them up in a bit. I think the biggest thing for me is that I have a 2nd grader, so I have had 2+ years prior to learn the school system and to trust in the teachers. Because if this happened with my son during his kindergarden year, I would have probably been a bit unnerved. But the good thing is that you were called and everything was worked out. It is a great lesson to teach your son who to go to for help if he is left without an adult or unsure of where to go. And I also think it is a great thing for parents to learn, because if you have an unsual day that is different from your norm, calling or checking in to confirm plans or to be sure that everything is going as it should is a good thing. My kids gets used to the routine, so when something different (bonus points for fun) comes up, they will not let me forget about it and they remind me that we have to be on our toes. Glad it all worked out for you!