View Single Post
Cat Herder 01:48 PM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by maelb05:
For those of you who bathe a child after an incident like this or have a child smear there poop in the bathroom, how do you continue to supervise the other children in care while cleaning the child and/or the bathroom?
I do bathe children. Daily in summer because we must use sunscreen and mosquito spray with DEET here. I don't like to leave that on them longer than is necessary.

My playroom was designed with the expectation that I would be working alone and would need to leave the room for short periods of time throughout the day.

Infants each have their own gated, locked, areas with their own cribs. This is where they stay when I bathe other children.

The play centers (toys only) are gated away from the classroom area (art supplies). Centers are where toddlers stay while I bathe other children unless they are awaiting their turn seated nicely in the hallway, in both sight and reach. Toddlers are bathed first for logistical reasons.

The classroom area table is where preschoolers await their turn, typically painting, gluing or coloring with markers. What better time? They are already dirty.

I have a separate dining area with booster seats if I have a child in shadow at the time. Depending on their age they get water paint or crayons.