View Single Post
Heidi 11:45 AM 07-29-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
The mom herself has often told the kids at pick up " Get your stuff! We're going to the pool....I got money on my Horizon card!"

What I found most sad...and why I made the post is that her kids think that's life and everyone gets it. They have learned that "Horizon card" means "blow money"

She gets a cash benefit every month. She can simply draw out the cash at any ATM...so no record of what it gets spent on.

She has 7 kids in my care. They all have season passes to the local ski resorts every year. We have a water park here called Seven peaks. They have season passes to there too.

She is often too lazy to transfer her day care money to me each month. Especially if the 1st is on a weekend. So she handed me her number and told me to transfer it. When you put in the number over the phone, a recorded voice tells you the benefits on the card.

For July: daycare $2315.......food stamps $997............cash allowance $752.
She also gets housing.

So she spends the $752 each month on whatever she wants. as her housing, utilities and food are well taken care of. Both her and her live-in boyfriend work also.
Wow...just wow!