View Single Post
AmyLeigh 07:32 PM 08-13-2012
Originally Posted by dave4him:
Im pretty sure i have done worse things then forget the feed the poor. Judgment day for us isnt about condemnation though its about rewards for the good works we have done in the act of service to the King. As far as those things which we did to bring glory to Him. I am all for feeding the animals as well as humans alike. Because we are told to take care of the creation!
Dave, I was expecting you to bring out the scriptures that do not condone laziness, that say if one does not want to work, let him not eat.
In ancient Israel, there was the provision of gleaning. People were commanded not to strip their fields when they harvested. The poor were to be allowed to glean the fields. They were provided for, but they had to do the work in order to receive the help. This is still followed as tradition in some countries in the Middle East.
No judgement, just remember that the system has set itself up to keep people dependent on it. The welfare system has become the ultimate enabler. Once people start getting the much needed help, it's just that much easier to learn how to take advantage of it. Then the dependents become used to it and begin to demand that they be taken care of, because the system "owes" it to them. Its a textbook co-dependent relationship.