Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
mom2many 08:13 PM 04-03-2013
Originally Posted by Candy:
Wow havent been on her in a day or two and didn't know this would still be going on. Bottom line in my opinion is if its not happening in your house then it shouldn't bother you. And if it bothers you just to see two gay people walking holding hands then you have a serious problem.
It actually doesn't "bother" me! I have a gay nephew & sister in law and several gay friends as well. It's actually quite commom place where I live.

My only objection is to gay "marriage." They already have all of the same rights as married couples in their "civil union"...but NOW that is not good enough and they want it to be called "marriage." I do take issue with this, because I feel marriage is defined between a woman and a man and yes, some may look as it as a technicality or just some stupid word, but to me "marriage is sacred!"

IMHO- call it anything else you want and ensure every right is the same for equality sake and make sure that no one is discriminated against for their sexual orientation...BUT leave the word "marriage" out of the mix!