View Single Post
Baby Beluga 11:48 AM 03-01-2018
No to an eval.

I am guessing SPD and/or ADHD. I don't think ODD.

He is not highly intelligent. Was tested for early admittance into K last summer and did not come close to passing. He tested very behind in motor skills. Socially, he is so/so. Vocab is great. Playing with others is mostly great. He is great at sharing and not grabbing. He is not gentle with his play though. He is great initially following directions, but then his lack of impulse control kicks in and I have to reign him in. He is very smart when it comes to things he enjoys (5 nights of freddy - whatever that is, ghostbusters, etc.)

He was in an in-home (mom called her a nanny, but it was actually an in-home setting.) Mom said provider said she would provider educational activities. Mom said no activities were provided. When asked DCB, he said they
"ate cereal and watched TV and when naughty they were put in the nap room." Who really knows what happened.

He joined my program about 1.5 months ago. He can barely write his name, can't recognize letters or numbers or most shapes. Needs guidance when using a glue stick. Is fine with colors and uses scissors well. He wants to learn. He wants to be liked. He loves being read to and gets very excited for learning activities.

I have never used the words "good boy or bad boy" with him. But every day he asks if he is being a "good boy." Makes me wonder who labeled him and allowed him to hear it in the past.

I don't think this situation was from comfort. I think he was angry and didn't know how to cope. He was playing rough with a toy, was told to be gentle or he would be removed from the activity. He continued playing rough, broke the toy and was then removed to his own area with an unbreakable puzzle. That is when the biting happened.

I just found it odd that he did it so hard. There are still teeth marks now. I took a pic and emailed mom and dad and explained what happened. He and I talked about anger, taking deep breathes, and how following class rules in the first place could have prevented all of this.