View Single Post
daycarediva 09:52 AM 03-09-2018
Originally Posted by CalCare:
Do you have a place that's secure for the child, where they can do anything they want and it won't be a problem? If so I would say, "Parent, I need you to take Jr to the playroom (or whatever safe place) because this area isn't secure for free play for toddlers and I'm busy doing pick-ups (or diapers or clean up, or whatever) right now. So jr needs to be in a secure free play area." ... Something along those lines.
THIS. Hand her the child, even if you have to take him by the hand and walk him to mom and give him to her.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Post an update of your day, including snack and meal time menus as well as some basic daily activities. Mom can snap a photo of the info and read it over on her time.

She is stalling so she doesn't have to go home and parent. She's using your time, resources and supervision for free.

This is a HUGE liability.

You need to simply tell her to go.

"DCM, I know you like to hang out and chat at pick up but I just can't accommodate that. There are times in which I need to discuss things with other a parent and when other parents linger at pick up/drop off it eliminates this ability to do so. If you have anything you need to discuss with me or would like to know what Billy's day was like, please e-mail me or text me after you get home."

Or

"DCM, I'd love to hang out and chat during pick up but I am still on the clock. If you need to discuss anything with me or need additional information about our day, you are welcome to set up a time to talk privately when I am not supervising other children. I'm sure you understand."

Then smile big and don't say another word.
Silence IS the loudest response sometimes.
yup. I do a daily update on social media.

Originally Posted by CalCare:
Oh my goodness, Tylenol in the diaper bag! No that can't just be sitting there accessible. I don't have or give meds at all, but if I did, I definitely would have to keep it locked up. Also, places that do administer, normally require an unopened bottle. Because who knows what the family put in it, and then YOU are liable.
HECK NO.

I would be stopping alllll of this. If she didn't get on board, out the door.