View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 12:20 PM 06-19-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
DCP "I am really not ok with the late payment policy. I was only late once this month and...."

Me "Oh, I am sorry to hear that. So will this week be the beginning of your notice? I sure hate to see you go, but I fully understand."

I had one tell me once that she couldn't abide by so-and-so policy because blah blah blah and that she didn't agree with so-and-so policy because blah blah blah and that so-and-so policy didn't work for her blah blah blah. I'm usually very reasonable and will explain why I do things the way that I do them but then she said those magical words that parents say to try to have you by the short-and-curly's ... "You know with all of these policies I'm not sure that I can stay any longer. I have to look out for what's in the best interest of me and my family and I might just have to go somewhere else" she all but crossed her arms and stomped her foot.

My response was much like yours:
"I understand completely to what you are saying (DCM nodding her head)
and just like you have to look out and do what is in the best interest of you and your family I have to do what is in the best interest of me, my family and my business. (DCM ) I completely understand if you have to go somewhere else. As a reminder I require a written 2 week notice. And don't worry, no hard feelings. I understand" (DCM ).

PS She DID NOT put in her 2 weeks notice and was on her best behavior after that.