View Single Post
Live and Learn 04:20 PM 10-13-2010
In the past I have used one of my friends or one of my sisters.
I don't have back up this year. parent's responsibility to have a backup plan.
I am taking 3 unpaid days off between end of August and Jan 1st. I let the parents know the dates in Sept. Only one of my parents complained that I was taking one of the days off....it is an inservice day at school and my child is having SURGERY!!! What is wrong with some people??? This complaining parent has never made the effort to cover herself with a backup plan. Not my problem. I have watched their child for 2 years since child was born and they will always be the family to complain. I always gives MONTHS advance notice and don't charge them for days that I take off. Sorry for the rant!! Oh well,
Some people. my other three families are wonderful by the way. never any problem with them because I am so dependable.....and they have made the effort to have a backup plan. All of my own kids are school aged and my husband is self employed so he can sometimes take care of things for our own kids when things come up during childcare hours. Years ago when I just watched one I would drag the poor lil guy on errands with me sometimes.