Thread: Christmas
View Single Post
legomom922 06:35 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by BentleysBands:
sounds good for you legomom but here i get tired of seeing stuff i have bought abused, thrown away, etc....
The idea of buying a gift for someone, is just that..Buying a gift! What that person does with the gift is not under your control. You dont give a gift if it is only to be be treated nicely, then you are giving a gift with the wrong intentions. When you give a gift, that is the end of your responsibility. What happens afterwards is up to the recipient.

I agree with PP. Giving a gift to all that will stay in your daycare for years to come, is a bit tacky.. You dont have to spend $20, and books from the dollar store is inexpensive and educational, and if they tear them up at their house, that is their business. You could even make up little goody bags with treats, pencils, etc and still not cost you more tha $5 for everybody..if you wanted to.

I have never given gifts to kids with the condition that it stays at my house..that is something my husbands ex does, and it sucks. Gifts should be given without restrictions.