View Single Post
Homebody 12:45 PM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I e-mail them a family questionnaire first and have them e-mail it back to me. Once I have that in hand I use my interview cheat sheet and highlight policies I know I will need to mention in conjunction with the normal highlights I go over (payment, DO/PU times, illness policy etc).

The questionnaire has questions that don't allow for a yes/no response so it helps alot.

My interview cheat sheet just helps me stay on track and know what I have/haven't discussed yet during the interview.

I fully expect parents to read the handbook entirely and if they choose not to, they'll find out really quickly that not reading it does NOT excuse them from any consequences of breaking policy rules.
Thanks Blackcat! So, do you send them a copy of your handbook before the interview to go over? Or do you wait until the interview and have them look at it afterwords?

When I email people inquiring about the daycare I ask the general questions like drop off and pick up times, if their child is in daycare and why are they looking, if any allergies and medical issues, if they still nap (older children).

If you don't mind sharing, what other questions do you have in your questionnaire?

I like the idea of a cheat sheet to keep you on track.