View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:03 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Mad_Pistachio:
No, I'd talk, but if her idea was to have us temporarily relocated, I would pull. She is trying to balance her business, I get that. In this case, I have my child's best interest in mind, and dragging her from provider to provider to accomodate someone else's convenience is not in her best intetest.
We have this thing in my language when we label a person based on a profession or lifestyle. Some mothers, being a little too carried away with commitment to their children, are named "cuzuhmamom" (causr I'm a mom). Cuzuhmamom in me is getting up against messing with my child's routine and attachment. Cuzuhmamom, ya know?

Glad to see that it was all resolved in a civil manner.

I worked in a family that switched nannies every 4-6 months so kids won't get used to one. Well, at least they have each other (there were 8 last time I saw them).
I see what your saying. I was and in some ways still similar but I deeply believe continuity of care (thanks to open honest communication ) trumps a mom's instintive need to play Mama Bear.

ETA: OP I too am happy to hear you were able to successfully talk with your provider.