View Single Post
Abigail 05:14 PM 05-26-2012
So I've known since January that I would have a part time child turning into full time come June. Well I've changed my contract after my second enrollment when I opened because well.....like any new provider, I changed my mind on how I want things to work! LOL

I use to have people pre-pay their final 2 weeks. So this parent pre-paid their part-time rate for 2 weeks. Now back then I told the parent what we would do is just sign a new contract and change the rates and she would just pre-pay the full-time 2 weeks. All easy-to-understand right?

Now that I have eliminated the pre-pay, I've added a $50 enrollment fee per child enrolled in my daycare. This helps with so many things upfront including paperwork costs and touring costs and I never have to give that $50 back once enrolled unless I personally wanted too.

So this family is "grandfathered" in to my new contract technically. I didn't tell anyone my contract changed, I just changed it for new families. So do I just scribble out the old rate, write the new rate, sign, and date it. Have then sign and date it also and keep the part-time pre-payment as part of the final two weeks or should I say my contract has changed where you don't pre-pay and give back the part-time prepayment for their final two weeks of care?

ha ha, confusing I know! I wouldn't want to charge an enrollment fee because this child has been enrolled since January. Should I just start a new contract and tell her I will not charge her the enrollment fee and give her a check for the part-time final two weeks that she gave me?

I honestly only switched this so I don't have to "owe" people money. Lets say for some reason if I were to ever close for any unforeseen reason, I don't want to owe every child in my care 2 weeks worth of pay back! You know what I mean?!

Now the only issue I see running into if I credit her back and tell her I will not charge the enrollment fee is that I have just one other daycare parent who has the same contract and knows this person. If I do this I will have to be aware that the other person will be upset and ask for her 2 weeks refund too. What should I do? I have to decide ASAP.