View Single Post
DCBlessings27 01:43 PM 08-20-2012
Originally Posted by Sprouts:
Yeah I see, I either need to suck it up, litterally and figuratively....or
I just need to decide if group is what I really want....were all stressed out here because my husband is with our kids since they have a fever from this ....parent is stressed because she is home another day cleaning boogers when she can be working....here is my sick policy, does this sound too much? Ive posted it before but i never thought it was extreme

Wellness Policy Statement of Understanding
Please read wellness policy carefully so we all have the same understanding when it comes to keeping all of our children happy and healthy.
Please initial each statement to recognize understanding

______I agree to notify the day care at drop off of ANY medication given to the child within six hours of the drop off.
______I understand that if my child exhibits any of the following symptoms, I or one of my emergency contacts are required to pick them up within 45 minutes of being notified.
1. Fever 100.0 F or above (please do not give medication before drop off to mask fever or symptoms)
2. Vomiting,
3. Diarrhea,
4. An undetermined body rash,
5. A persistent runny nose,
6. Coughing***,
7. Extreme changes in usual behavior.*
______I understand that children who have vomited or have diarrhea are not allowed to enter the day care until they are symptom free for a full 24 hours.
______"In certain situations, a medical form must be obtained before your child can be re-admitted into care. These forms require a written diagnosis from the child's physician and must state the following information:
• the diagnosis
• the treatment
• length of recommended exclusion
Re-admission to child care will be at MY discretion. Please do not assume the doctor can give permission for re-admittance.
______I understand that ************** does not administer nebulizer or breathing treatments.
_______In case of accidental injury or emergency illness, I will be notified immediately after emergency medical services have been summoned.* ************ will not accompany any child to the hospital or physicians office if emergency medical services is enlisted unless there is enough staff.*

***There are times when a child may be excluded due to the required amount of care he/she needs when experiencing a common cold or illness. For example, a cough that is disruptive to normal daily activities, when a child is unable to cover his/her mouth while coughing or when the amount of nasal discharge or fluid becomes unmanageable for the provider to continue maintaining a sanitary environment. This will occur at my discretion and will be handled on an individual basis."
Parent Name: ________________________ Signature: ________________ Date: _____________
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. It means a lot to all of us, the children, the staff, and families.
I don't think your sick policy is too extreme when laid out how it is. However, if you are only watching 1 other child today besides this sick one who came, I don't see how you couldn't maintain a sanitary environment. If I was only caring for 2 children, I'd definitely have time to wipe a nose every 5 minutes and sanitize. Even if the other child got sick, it's only a cold. Since you're pregnant, I understand that you don't want to be sick. I'm pregnant too, and I've had kids with cold symptoms for several weeks now. If you wanted to exclude the sick child AFTER you had your newborn for these reasons. I'd understand that. The last thing I want my newborn exposed to would be a cold.

I'm like many of the others and only exclude for vomiting/dirrahea/fevers over 100. I would not exclude for cold symptoms unless the child had other symtoms (ie fever) or wasn't acting like himself/herself.