View Single Post
Daycare_Mama 06:38 PM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
So in my contract I give families each 10 days per year...here is the wording.

*Each full time family is allotted 10 unpaid personal days per year to use as they see fit. Part time families will receive 6 unpaid days each year. A family must be in care a minimum of 6 months before using any unpaid personal days and I ask for 2 weeks notice.

I had a dcm just tell me that dcg has a fever of 102 so she won't be in tomorrow. She asked if she could use one of her 10 days. For those that give families "free" days what do you usually do if a child is sick. Let them use their days or require notice?
I don't give families free days, but if I did, I wouldn't let them use tomorrow as one of their days. Like you said, you require 2 weeks notice. I'm assuming this is so that you can at least plan for less income should a family decide to use one of their days. It's not really fair to you to be notified the day before that you'll be losing income for the next day. So I would say no and reiterate to them that you require 2 week notice for those unpaid days, so that you can plan your family finances accordingly.