View Single Post
Solandia 10:58 AM 10-25-2011
I would totally call BS on his "golf class". Seriously. I am doubtful there were NO productive classes for him to take that require his med school paperwork in on time. If nothing else, business classes, since many doctors really suck at the biz end of it all. It sounds like (to me) he is having second thought on the commitment of Med school but doesn't want to own up to it. He is afraid of your inner ninja

Although your jr high & high schoolers may have busy schedules, there is no reason why they cannot help out on the weekend. IF THEY REFUSE, they can take care of their own crap (their own laundry, 100% of the time. Their own dishes - get them a set of their own, etc. Yeah, I have done this before. ) Same with dh, if he continues to act completely worthless on his off time. Why would he want to go to Med school? Give him enough chores, and he will be dying to get his app in, just to have less work.

For my oldest at the moment...she is in off-season basketball (practice 3x/wk, 1-2games on Sat's, afterschool G&T math/science, band, choir, 4-H - which she is club president, church youth group). She still has to do one cleaning chore per day (there is a list of things to do posted on our family bulletin board). Cleaning chores are 15 minute things that must be done...examples would be cleaning the toilets, wiping down the sinks, vacuuming the steps, taking out all the trash, mopping the bathroom floors, windex all the mirrors, doing all the downstairs windows,etc...it really helps a lot. Doing extra chores equals getting extra $$.

Also, after dinner we have a set of family chores that EVERYONE helps with until the list is completed. TV, computer, ipod touch, kindle does not get turned on until the list is done. THE LIST: Wash, dry, and put away dishes. Wash down the table, stove, and countertops. Pick up everything downstairs. Sweep the floors. Take out trash/recycling if needed. Set up coffee pot for the AM. Prepare lunches for tomorrow (dh & dd). *it takes about 10-15min, depending how motivated everyone is*

*I* don't think I ask too much. It is a lot easier to get everyone to help with community chores after I made everyone do everything only for themselves for a while. I only took care of me & the babies stuff (there had been a ton of complaining about "i didn't make that mess", "that wasn't my cup", "it seems I have to do everything around here"). Apparently cleaning your sister's dinner cup is easier after all.