View Single Post
wdmmom 11:32 AM 10-25-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
so when we leave the house at 7am on a saturday I cant let them mow the lawn...my neighbors woudl hate me.... Most of the time we don't get home until after dark.... so we can't do it then either...

Do I tell my kids no football and no sports you have to clean house? I guess I feel guilty to ask them this...
Heck no! You are the mom, not Wonder Woman! You are suppose to teach the children responsibility. It doesn't sound like they need to eliminate sports, they need to manage their time better. They need to know what is expected of them and when. They aren't too old for consequences. If they don't follow through, hold them accountable!

Football season will soon be over. Then your son will have PLENTY of time to help clean that garage, rake leaves, etc.

I see no reason at all that if he's up (even if it's before you) that he can't toss in a load of laundry and have you switch it to the dryer. Sure, it might sit in the dryer for several hours after but hey, they're clean. Then hub bub can take 10 minutes out of his day or your daughter can fold after dinner.

Where there is a will, there is a way!!!