View Single Post
mismatchedsocks 11:55 AM 10-25-2011
I have a list, a HUGE list. Of things that need to be done. It has things on it like dusting, mowing lawn, then things I add in once in a while. This is a list in a notebook. My kids and live in boyfriend KNOW that if mama does it all herself, I will be cranky and tired. We also do not say that they are helping me do something. I will say before they want to play video games, go outside to ride bikes, or go somewhere, "what have you done for the house today"

This house is not just mine. The kids (13&9) need to know that it takes a lot to run a house, and if they want a house they can be proud of, invite their friends to and not be embarrassed then they need to work to help the house.

I have to say even my boyfriend has no idea what needs to be done sometimes. I dont know how they dont know, maybe womens brains are more complex ( well we all know that!LOL ) but if it "looks" clean on the floor and table top, then everything ust be done!!!

Nah, look at the list for the house, and find something. I will not tell anyone what to do, I just repeat, "what have you done for the house"