View Single Post
Hunni Bee 05:27 PM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
To stand up for parents who are getting bashed here and give a parent's perspective. It makes me sad that so many daycare providers seem to despise the parents. Why is it that when parents post here they are often told to leave? I see it says "daycare.com, a service for parents and providers."
We don't despise "the parents".

Its the ones who are waiting outside in the car when the lights come on in the morning in their pajamas to drop off their kid. Who go back home for two hours and get ready for work. Who get off at 4, but go to Wal-Mart, the mall, the nail shop and them come streaming into the parking lot at 5:55 to pick the kid back up. Who then plop the kid in front of Spongebob with a McDonalds bag til they fall asleep, then rinse and repeat 5 days a week. Only to have them say on Friday "Whooo, I can't wait to get you to your grandma's, its Mommy time!!".

Or the ones who push the kid out of the door to the van at 6:20 am and go back to sleep. Then when they are dropped back off, grandma or auntie or big sister greets them, and they tell you the next day "I didn't see my mommy last night".

You may think I'm making these up. I wish I were.

And we don't even despise THOSE moms. They hurt our feelings, and its because they hurt their child's feelings.