View Single Post
Nickel 11:45 AM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I would say something like "As you can see normal rates for the hours/days of care you receive are $xx but as my first enrolled family, you received a substantial discount which will still stand."

Where is the rate change? I thought you weren't raising their rates, just having them sign a contract... did I read that wrong?

I would give them NO LATER than October 26th to read, sign, date and return the contract but I would tell them it is effective immediately after they return it on the 26th. No sense giving so much time in between signing and doing....kwim?

I know you said you feel the 26th is too soon....and although I don't can I ask you why you feel that is too soon? You aren't asking them to grow a sunflower, you are asking them to pay you on time. That isn't that tough to do and doesn't require any additional time.
Because I am currently not charging them for days they are here, but my contract (and every one else) pays for ALL days except provider illness and 2 weeks of free vacation. So it is sort of like a rate change... sort of...

Okay, it is definitely my bleeding heart and a way for my backbone to still bend. Okay, I am going to have it due on the 26th and effective on the 29th. That is 2 weeks from today and then I will know Friday if they are coming back on Monday AND It will start with the new pay period. I can do it. I know I can. I just have to hit print, stuff it in a folder and hand it to dad with a smile