View Single Post
jessrlee 10:15 AM 02-27-2013
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
So today is a rainy, snowy, gross New England Day. All of the schools are delayed by 2 hours this morning. As a result, I am open on a 2 hour delay. It is a simple concept. Two hour delay. If you normally drop off at 7:30...well, add 2 hours and drop off at 9:30.

So, at about 7:20 this morning, as my whole family is ASLEEP because of the delay, Stupid DCD #1 calls and tells me there is a delay so he will be dropping off 2 hours late. Ummmm, yeah, I know. This has been the policy since I opened, and this DCD has been here for FIVE YEARS!!!!!! Did he need to call and wake us all up?

Stupid DCD#2 shows up at the right time, with the whole family dripping wet. He tracks puddles through my whole upstairs, then informs me he forgot dcb's shoes!

Stupid DCM #1 shows up and tells me, "DCG slept in this morning, so she will probably just skip nap. I told her she can watch a show on your t.v. upstairs instead." Ummmm, no. Never gonna happen. I responded, "Napping isn't a choice here, so if she won't sleep I will give you a call and someone will have to pick her up. Sorry, DCG, mom made a mistake. Upstairs isn't a choice."

Finally, Stupid DCM#2 calls to tell me she will need to pick up 2 hours late today because of the two hour delayed opening. Ummmm, no. Never gonna happen.

I apologize if the word stupid is offensive to anyone. Just a little mid-afternoon vent.
Wow that is super inconsiderate!